I’m overcome. I’ve been given two awards in one day.
When I started blogging, I had no idea there were awards involved.
This one is the Dragon’s Loyalty Award. It is given to someone who follows the blog and comments regularly.
Fabulous Jenn at My Fibrotastic Life, gave me this award. She writes an awesome blog and does craft work that she has for sale. So be sure to check out her blog.
There are rules to the award. They are as follows:
1. Display the award on your site.
2. Link back to the person who gave you the award in your acceptance post;
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and notify them they received the award.
4. List seven interesting things about yourself.
OK, on with the awards,
Here is my list with links to their wonderful blogs.
Ewa, at Fibromyalgia and Self Disorders
Trisha, at Notes From the Fog
Susan at Owls & Orchids
Heather at Sincerely Ms. Roberts
I also include one of my most loyal readers, Leigh, who doesn’t blog, but reads mine regularly.
OK, seven interesting things about me:
1. I am first and foremost an artist. That is my being, my soul, my everything. I have to do art. It is not a choice.
2. Before I got sick, I was a Risk Manager for a health cooperative. The most interesting part of that job was negotiating settlements of medical malpractice lawsuits. These settlements usually ranged in the six to seven-figure dollars.
3. I have known my husband since 1969 and have lived with him since 1970. He is the best husband in the world. I can’t imagine life without him.
4. I love dogs. We have always owned dogs. After our last dog died, we decided that since we want to travel when Warren retires, that we couldn’t be putting a dog in a kennel for long periods of time.
5. I am totally into social media. I never thought it would happen to me. I started on Facebook and then gradually Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr and others took over. I have discovered that these are great places to post my paintings and get feedback. I belong to several private Facebook pages that are for artists.
6. I am learning to be a photographer. My husband is getting ready to retire in July. We bought him a new camera. While doing this, I realized I already had a pretty good camera. I am learning to do my own settings with it. This will give us something to do together when he retires.
7. I am going to learn Photoshop. I just got a Cloud membership from Adobe. Adobe no longer sells most of its software. One has to rent it. Thank you all those jerks who ripped Adobe off and didn’t pay for their software. But it’s not totally unreasonable. I got a really good deal and opted to get all their apps. Most of them I’ll not bother with, but I will try to learn Photoshop, Illustrator and Lightroom.
My next challenge now is to figure out how to put up a slide show of my awards. That is one of the requirements of these awards. At first, I didn’t want to do this. Being an artist, I’m very fussy about the design of my blog. But now, with all these awards, I feel I should be showing them off. I’m going to copy Jenn, and set it up like she has. Wish me luck figuring it out.
Congratulations — yay. Very well deserved and thanks so much for awarding me 😉
You’re welcome, Dawn. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving.
It was quiet but very nice — how about you 😉
We went to my brother-in-laws. A bit too many people, but I enjoyed getting out.
That’s nice, it is good to get out 😉
Thanks, I did. Quiet but nice 😉
That’s wonderful for you. Congratulations again.
I see you’ve already figured out how to do the slideshow! Congratulations on the award and thank you for the nomination.
This is so cool, too, Kerry!
Two awards in one day! That is awesome!
Enjoy your accomplishments.
Take good care, Leigh
Congratulations!! You are a double winner, Kerry!
Congratulations. That is a very “cool” looking award. I’ve been given this same award by Dawn, I believe it was, but I haven’t gotten it posted yet, as I have 7 more awards to be posted. It seems they all come at once and I have to have my son help me, so sometimes it just takes me awhile to get them done, so it’s a good thing there is no time limit. I look forward to following your blog.:)
Wild Thang aka Tammy 🙂
You are a fabulous and talented artist, Kerry! Wishing you the best in your photography adventures. For sure you’ll be snapping some very beautiful pictures!
Thanks, I sure hope so. I’m supposed to be the artist in the family, but my husband’s photos are much better than mine!